Thursday, July 30, 2015

How I Use Essential Oils

I have been asked about my Essential Oils and how I use them. Here's a list of ways that I have used the oils since I got them in May:

1.) Tim hardly ever goes to the doctor. He hates going and would rather suck it up and deal with whatever's bothering him than go the doctor. Well, just a couple of weeks ago, he surprised me and went. I had no idea he was going or that he was even sick. Figures. Communication is not his strong point. Anywho....when I got home, he was laid up in the recliner (as usual) but did look terrible. He was miserable. The doctor said he couldn't believe that Tim had lasted that long still going to work and everything. He had a severe sinus infection. He was given a Z-Pack. He had taken the first dose of the Z-Pack when I got home. I came in and told him that I was putting some oils on him. No arguing. You're not telling me no. End of story.

I applied Thieves on the vita flex points on his toes. I also applied Thieves on his throat and Lavender on his face where he said there was sinus pressure (around nose, under eyes, forehead over his eyebrows, etc.).

He took NyQuil not too soon after I applied the oils and went to sleep. He was perfect the next day. I don't know about you...but it typically takes me a few days after being on a Z-Pack to start feeling any better. You do the math on that one. :)

2.) Tim was congested last night, so I applied Thieves around his nose. He said it definitely worked!!      
    (I was doing backflips on the inside when he told me!!)

3.) I always keep a pitcher of water with oils in them in my fridge. This is probably my favorite way to use my oils and is definitely how I use them the most. I put Lemon, Peppermint, and Grapefruit in the water. When I'm not drinking my AdvoCare Spark, I'm drinking this. It's delish, and the combo of the three is supposed to be a detox. When I first started drinking the oils, I could immediately tell that I was not craving sodas anymore...I was craving that water! It was super easy to get down, and I was always wanting to drinking more and more. Peppermint is supposed to help curb appetite and is an energy booster, Lemon is supposed to detox the liver and is also an energy booster, and Grapefruit helps with bloating, digestion, and cravings. win-win-win!

4.) I put a drop of Purification on a cotton ball and put the cotton balls in my tennis shoes after I've been working out and they've gotten a lil stank...any odor is GONE by the next morning. Purification is an odor eliminator. It doesn't cover up smells - it takes them away.

5.) Again with Purification on cotton balls. While we were at the beach a couple of weeks ago, my lovely older brother went golfing with Tim, and they took his truck. Apparently they had some sweaty, straight-up stank..and I mean stank golf shoes and towels that they had left in there. I felt like I couldn't breathe in his truck the smell was so awful. I put the cotton balls with Purification on them in the air vents. Odor was soon gone!

6.) I made a face cream to use at night in place of my moisturizer. I talked about it here and here.

7.) I also made makeup remover cloths the same time I made the face cream. I talked about making these here and here. I absolutely love these and will never, ever, ever buy the Neutrogena ones I used to spend about $6 on for 25 cloths again.

8.) I made face soap this week using just 3 ingredients!! I talked about making it here.

9.) I have used Frankincense, Purification, and Tea Tree at different times on acne. It's amazing how quickly all three of these have worked.

10.) I have used stress away on my shoulders and neck when I have felt tense after a long day of work.

I purchased the Premium Starter Kit which came with a diffuser, 11 oils, and some sample packets. I think it was around $160. You must become a wholesale customer in order to purchase one of the kits which means that you will automatically get 24% off all purchases. There's no commitment or anything else involved when signing up as a wholesale member.

NOTE: Young Living is currently running a promotion and has $10 off of Premium Starter Kits!! I wish that was the case when I bought mine. If you've been on the fence about buying some, now really is the time to do so. The sale is good through August 14!



I would love to help you and your fam get started with using Essential Oils and living a toxic free lifestyle. Let me know if you want more info or have questions!! I am by no means an expert. I am still learning. This has really turned into a hobby. I enjoy making things and finding new uses for my oils.

Things to make or do next with my oils: Room Spray (like air freshener or Febreze), Poo-Pourri Spray, Liquid Laundry Detergent, Detox Bath



Disclaimer: This information is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The information represents what I, an Independent Distributor of Young Living Essential Oils, have chosen to do to change my lifestyle and personal health. Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration.


No comments:

Post a Comment