Wednesday, June 17, 2015

My Newest Obsession

Since being on my summer break, I have had the time to look up more ways to use my Young Living Essential Oils. I purchased the Premium Starter Kit almost two months ago, and I am so, so, so glad I did. They have already served many purposes in the Brown household. However, my hubby was so not convinced at first. He was all, "since when are you into voodoo?"...........i'm sorry, what?....men. smh

After explaining that I believe God put these oils on Earth for us to use, they're all natural and healthy - straight from the seed, and after him physically seeing and noticing a difference that they have provided, he's been on board!!

Today I experimented with making night face cream and makeup remover cloths. There's so much information out there about how to use the oils...it's a little overwhelming. I literally have 8 tabs up on different ways to make face cream.



  



My parents willingly decided (were made) to be my guinea pigs with the night cream.
Thanks mom! Thanks dad! :))
They will be applying the cream at night. I did take pictures of their faces so that I can compare their skin after a couple of weeks of using the cream. But I do enjoy living, so I will not be posting them. At least not any time soon. (what mama don't know won't hurt, right?!)

Ya girl is all about simplicity (laziness). Here are some links I referenced that did not use too many ingredients/were not too complicated:
http://lemonpeony.com/diy-all-natural-essential-oil-night-cream-recipe/
http://realfoodenthusiast.com/diy-luxurious-homemade-whipped-body-butter/
http://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/2015/04/diy-makeup-remover-pads-for-every-skin-type.html
http://thecoconutmama.com/2015/04/homemade-makeup-remover-pads/

I ended up using the following oils in my cream:


-Lemon (evens skin tone, good for oily skin)
-Lavender (smells great, helps with acne and dark spots)
-Frankincense (helps with acne, reduces appearance of aging skin)
-Purification (helps with acne)

Frankincense is seriously thebomb.com for breakouts. I have used it on acne at night, and the following day, there was ZERO evidence of any acne!!

I'm super excited to see how these products work!! I'll keep y'all posted.


1 comment:

  1. I've been looking at your posts today and I'm going to make my own cream and cleanser today, too...I may be brave enough to take before/after pics...don't know yet lol. Will keep you posted on those ;) Thanks for the inspiration and the ingredient list! :)

    ReplyDelete