Thursday, July 30, 2015

DIY Face Soap Using Essential Oils

Today I made my own face soap using some of my Young Living Essential Oils. I love that I am living a healthier life with essential oils by replacing products that contain harsh chemicals with ones that contain all natural ingredients. I love knowing exactly what's going in my body and what's in my household.


What I REALLY love about this is that it's simple. If I read about anything DIY, domestic(ish) online that I would like to try but has 10,000 ingredients and/or steps, I'm out. That's a wrap. Close the tab. Next.     This has 3 ingredients and 3 steps. It's liz-friendly. I approve!


Here's what I used:

  • Pure Castile Soap (I get mine at Target)
  • Foaming Soap Dispenser (I reused one from Bath and Body Works)
  • Distilled Water
  • Young Living's Frankincense
  • Young Living's Tea Tree 



1.) Fill container about 1/3 way full with the Pure Castile Soap.

2.) Add Essential Oils. I put about 8 drops of Tea Tree and 6 drops of Frankincense. Tea Tree is supposed to help fight acne and is a cleanser that is actually in many skin care products. Frankincense also supports your skin health by reducing the appearance of wrinkles, sunspots, scars, etc.

3.) Fill the rest with distilled water.
Shake before each use to ensure the oils are dispersed throughout the bottle.

Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!

My husband used it before I did tonight. I asked him how he thought it was. The only response I got out of him was that it smelled weird.
Typical.

I love that I am taking steps towards having less toxins in our home!! Please let me know if you have any suggestions or other ways that you're using your oils!

Disclaimer: This information is not meant to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.  The information represents what I, an Independent Distributor of Young Living Essential Oils, have chosen to do to take charge of my own personal health.  Statements on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. 

On another note...how about the season finale of The Bachelorette from Monday?!? AHHHHH!! So excited that Shawn got the final rose!

And why am I up writing a blog post at 2:35 am?! Well, duh, it's summer. And I'm a teacher, so I can! 
#sorrynotsorry
#enjoyingitwhileican

No comments:

Post a Comment