Sunday, June 21, 2015

Initial Reaction to DIY Essential Oil Products

I posted here about making make-up remover cloths and face cream using some essential oils from my Young Living Premium Starter Kit. I'm not going to be that girl that's super dramatical (thanks for the word, Flava Flav) and rave about how amazingly fantastic and life-changing these products are after only using them for two or three days. I'm not going to do a full review until after I've used them for a few weeks, but I do want to give you my initial reaction.

The makeup remover cloths were too wet. Next time I will have to adjust the amount of liquids I use and/or the amount of cloths. They were also too soapy at first, so I added in a little more water. What I've started doing is getting a dry cotton round and lightly pushing it in with the others so that it is damp. This has worked great. I typically don't wear a ton of makeup - except for mascara. Now that, I pile on. I have noticed that I do not have to rub my eyes near as long when taking off my mascara as I did when using the store bought ones. I was afraid that the oils would cause my face to sting, but they have not.

As for the cream, the texture of mine is perfect. However my mom's has stayed in a liquid state. She tried putting it in the refrigerator, but then it was completely hardened so she wasn't able to use it. We are working on this and will hopefully have something figured out soon. Any suggestions?!? The label on the coconut oil says that it turns from solid to liquid at 75 degrees, but there's no way her house is 75 degrees...and both of our creams were made at the same time..?

On another note, we've had a busy couple of days. We went from a family of 5 (mom, dad, two older brothers, me) to a family of 8 (spouses) 3 years ago. Yesterday at 9:41 a.m., we went from 8 to 9 as we welcomed my little niece, Charlee Grace, into the world. I am already a little bit obsessed. I can no longer go in a store without going to the baby section. Buying little girl clothes is so.much.fun!!! Before giving my sister-in-law a baby shower a while back, I went ahead and told her that I did not buy them anything they wanted off their registry (sorry!!). I bought stuff that I wanted her to have - which was cute clothes and accessories! I already have presents put up for later. According to my husband, "the girl already has tennis shoes for when she's five, and she can't even walk yet!" This is completely untrue. But his point is not. I am going a little overboard. But she's the first...I can't help it!

No comments:

Post a Comment