Sunday, July 19, 2015

School Supplies

I am all about a good deal - especially on school supplies. Office Depot has different school supplies on sale each week starting on Sundays. Last week they had Sharpie singles for $0.25, 4-pack glue sticks for $0.25, and 5-pack highlighters for $0.25. Although I was on vacation at the beach last week, I had to go find a store.

I ended up getting a total of 12 Sharpies, 24 glue sticks, and 60 highlighters for about $8!!!              CRAAAY-ZEEE!!


They have lots more deals this week. After church and lunch, my husband and I stopped by for 100-pack notecards for $0.01 and 10-pack pens for $0.01. While there, I saw that they have plastic folders that I need for $0.60.

I ended up with 8 plastic folders, 6 100-pack index cards, and 9 10-pack of pens for under $6!!

Last year, I had students use glue sticks in their interactive notebooks, and they about drove me insane. Tops to the glue sticks magically disappeared ALL the time (yet I would find them on the floor all over the room once students were gone), the glue sticks would dry out, and students were always needing new ones. I stocked up at the beginning of the year thanks to Office Depot, but it was still a pain to always be handing them out.

So, this year I want to try tape instead. I have a feeling the girls will enjoy using their own colored or patterned tape, but I need to have some for students who do not have any. Please let me know if you see any good deals!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment