Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Things I realized this summer

Disclaimer: This is a complete random post that really serves no purpose.

Today was the last official day of summer for teachers. I love my students and I love teaching, but ooooh do I love summer, too!!

After reflecting on my summer, here's a list of things I've realized:

1.) I've spent wayyyy too much time on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Google, etc. And I'm not even one of those girls that's glued to her phone. Just having extra time had me on it more. I'm pretty sure I posted more things this summer than I did the entire last school year.

2.) I don't think I'll ever grow out of wanting to stay up late and sleep all day. And when I say all day...I mean ALL day! I've always heard that that would change when I became an "adult" with a big girl job. Well. It hasn't.

3.) I love just being a wife. Organizing, cooking, and cleaning are things that typically get put on the  back burner during the school year. I come home late (after volleyball), usually exhausted, and often times still have school work to do...which means take-out and a cluttered house. And take-out and a cluttered house eventually leads to stress and unhappiness. Plus my mostly innocent husband is the one that I end up taking my frustration out on. (Love ya, Tim.) Even though it seems like I say it every year, I have GOT to find a balance this school year.

4.) I LOVE being an aunt! I became an aunt for the first time in June. Buying for baby girls is so much fun!!

5.) I have picked up 2 new hobbies. Experimenting with my Essential Oils from Young Living and becoming an independent distributor for AdvoCare and helping myself and others meet their health and wellness goals. I never had intentions of being a distributor of either one. I started using Essential Oils in April or May, and it's been so much fun. I love trying DIY recipes and learning new ways to use the oils to replace common household products that contain harsh chemicals and are loaded with toxins. I started with purchasing the Premium Starter Kit (which is currently on sale), and  I thought that would probably be it. Boy, was I wrong. I am now buying different oils every month and have a Pinterest board full of different things to try.

The same goes with AdvoCare. I did not have intentions on becoming a Distributor. I just wanted to try the 24 Day Challenge and figured I'd be done with it after that. Halfway through the challenge, I was loving the products and noticed a huge difference in the way they made me feel. That's when I decided that I would want to help others experience the same benefits that I did. I am a big believer in AdvoCare and still use products daily!!

If you're interested in learning more about the 24 Day Challenge, I found this awesome video here! Check it out and let me know what you think!!

No comments:

Post a Comment