Wednesday, January 13, 2016

DIY Lip Balm using Essential Oils

Two years ago, one of my students' parents gave me some homemade gifts as Christmas presents - one of which was lip balm with essential oils. At the time, I had no idea what essential oils were, but I DID know that that lip balm was dabomb.com.

Fast forward two years. I got in touch with that parent, and she sent me the recipe she uses.

I made my first batch of lip balm with Young Living's Essential Oils over Christmas break. The recipe I used made about 24 tubes. To make yours you will need lip balm tubes (ordered from amazon), beeswax, coconut oil, vitamin E oil, pipettes (ordered from amazon), and essential oils of your choice. I used the same oils that the parent used in the one she gave me - 5 drops each of Rosemary, Peppermint, and Lavender.

The recipe is here!


Add some glitter tape, washi tape, or a cute ribbon, and you're done! Or leave some plain so the man in your life can enjoy. That's what I think is great about it - the smell, taste, and look of this chap stick is very neutral...there's no red color, strawberry/cherry taste to it.


Let me know if you're interested in ordering the best essential oils. Young Living offers the opportunity for customers to get 24% off all orders, simply by becoming a wholesale customer. There's no monthly fee or minimum, no obligations. By becoming a wholesale customer, you're also eligible for exclusive specials and promotions every month. 

As a wholesale customer you're also able to buy Starter Kits which is how most people (including myself) get started with essential oils. The Premium Starter Kit will give you the most bang for your buck. Here's the link if you would like to order your kit! My member number is automatically filled in so I'll know when you order and can help you get started or answer any questions you may have!

1 comment: