Saturday, January 9, 2016

DIY Dry Skin Sugar Scrub with Essential Oils

I made a sugar scrub with essential oils to give as gifts to some friends and family. I read through several different recipes and decided to go with this one. It calls for 1 cup of sugar, 1/2 cup of organic coconut oil, and essential oils of your choice.

I decided to use Lavender and Eucalyptus. I used Lavender because..well, because it's Lavender! Who doesn't love Lavender?! It's relaxing, calming, and helps dry skin. I used Eucalyptus Globulus because it's refreshing and is good for sore muscles.



Here's all the ingredients needed for this sugar scrub:


I found the cute red glass jars at Target - they came as a 3-pack.  The recipe was enough to fill the 3 jars plus a little left over for me! This took no time to make. I used the sugar scrub on my feet, but it can be used anywhere that's dry. Just scrub it on your skin, let it sit for a little bit, then rinse off. Soft skin for days! I will definitely be making more in the Spring when it's flip-flop-wearing time. Wait..what am I talking about?! It's South Carolina. Flip-Flop season is year-round!  After all - it was 80 degrees here on Christmas!!

Let me know if you're interested in getting started with Essential Oils! I'm so glad I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment